We are delighted to announce the re-launch of our women’s squad for season 2021-2022 – and we are looking for a talented head coach to lead the group.
The team will play in a recognised county league on a Sunday, and will train at our Wey Court home in Godalming during the week.
We are looking for a Manager/Coach to come in and make the opportunity his/her own. There is a network of strong support from the current men’s coaching staff, plus a dedicated committee who will manage all administration work.
You will have the opportunity to build your own team from scratch and manage its long-term progression.
Everything you need to succeed will be provided, with the club recently appointing a coaching co-ordinator who will bring the senior men, women and youth teams together for the first time in the club’s history.
Ideally we are looking to appoint a manager or head coach who can then bring in their own staff, but the club has existing personnel to support if required.
– FA Level 1 minimum
– FA First Aid & Safe Guarding
– Team player: our coaching network will have individuals from five teams next season, and sharing best practice – and working collaboratively – will be hugely important
– Focus on player development: we are looking for individuals who will help better players in their care. Results are important to us, but player development more so
– Commitment: taking on training sessions and match days every week. There will be occasions where you can’t, but we expect you to be available for the vast majority
– Organisation: making sure sessions are fully planned, and logistics for match days are covered off in the week with the support of the secretary
– Communication: as the club grows there will be plenty of support on hand. If you need help, it will be available. Let someone know before a problem crops up!
– Off the pitch: yes, we would love to recruit an ambitious, knowledgeable coaching staff but even more important than that is personality. We are a friendly club with a brilliant social side – there is more to GTFC than just what happens for 90 minutes on a weekend!
Training: Wey Court, Godalming Town FC (day and times to be confirmed)
Match day: Sunday afternoon, typically 1pm or 2pm kick off (tbc)
Location: home fixtures at Wey Court. Away games will be approximately within a 45 minute journey time.
To apply, please contact Coaching Co-Ordinator Mo Sher on 07500701103 for an informal discussion, or get in touch via email, preferably with a brief cv: firstname.lastname@example.org